UV Sterilizers: LA’s Indoor Air Quality Solution
You don’t have to walk around LA for long before you cross paths with someone who is wearing a face mask to combat air pollution. Between car emissions and the frequency of recent wildfires, California’s air quality is worse than ever. But, it may surprise LA residents concerned with poor outdoor air quality to learn that indoor air quality is 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air. Ultraviolet or UV sterilizers can improve the indoor air quality in your home.
This means that you should think of air quality as an inside-out issue. LA residents, especially those with allergies, asthma, or compromised immune systems, should consider the air quality of their homes. Poor indoor air quality can even contribute to the spread of sickness in schools and offices.
Even the most active Angelenos need to sleep. Add in the number of stay-at-home parents, remote workers, and residents that enjoy home-based hobbies, and you can see how the time we spend indoors each day emphasizes the need for cleaner indoor air.
LA locals can support their health by augmenting their HVAC systems with air purifying products. HVAC accessories like UV lamps, air purifiers, humidifiers & dehumidifiers, ventilators and UV air purifiers can all combat the many factors that contribute to unhealthy air quality within your home.
The Impact of Unhealthy Air Quality in LA
The quality of air in your home impacts more than just your immediate breathing comfort. While fresh, energizing breaths are enough of a reason to prioritize your IAQ, there’s more to consider:
- Allergens: The allergens floating around in the air inside your home could cause itchy, red eyes, coughing, sneezing, fatigue, and other allergy symptoms.
- Mold: High humidity or moisture leaks inside your home can create an environment for mold spores to thrive. Exposure to mold can be harmful and even fatal to the human body.
- Bacteria: Airborne bacteria can cause illness, infection, and immune system trouble for any member of your family, including your pets.
- Pollutants: There are many other toxins and pollutants including some which cannot be caught by your air filter. These can become a health hazard for anyone in your family, but could be dangerous for infants, the elderly, those with asthma or COPD, and anyone with a deficient immune system.
- Household issues: Polluted air can even affect your house and belongings. While humidity will play a larger role in the way your IAQ impacts your home, polluted or unclean air can wreak havoc on your floors, walls, appliances, and the porous surfaces in your home. To avoid surprises, it’s best to maintain only the cleanest air in your home.
Isn’t This What Air Filters Are For?
Many LA homeowners may think to themselves, “Doesn’t my air filter keep pollutants out of my home’s air?” While your air filter is likely dirty each time you replace it each month, or every few months, it’s not designed to combat indoor air quality issues. In fact, a standard filter for your central cooling system will only capture around 7% of air pollutants. This means that if you don’t take any added measures to improve your home’s air quality, the other 93% of these airborne allergens and pollutants will circulate throughout your home. The truth is, air filters aren’t used to protect you. They are designed to keep your HVAC unit protected against dust and debris. No filter can filter microscopic or cellular organisms and debris. Bacteria can still thrive in your ducts and within your air even if your air filters are doing their job. UV sterilization will be effective in removing mold spores, allergens, and bacteria from the air in your home, for good.
How UV Sterilizers Work to Fight Poor IAQ
Simply put, UV lights kill bacteria. Short waves of ultraviolet (UV) light are applied to microorganisms like bacteria. The UV light will break down the nucleic acid in the bacterial atoms and render these mold spores, allergens and other pollutants unable to perform their usual cellular activities. Here’s how it works: In your home or business, we’ll install UV lights into the components of your HVAC system. Air will circulate through your system, passing through the UV light. The UV light will purify the air on a cellular level, and the air that enters your home will be clean.
Breathe better air, live a happier life…
Home comfort is more than just feeling warm or cool. You and your loved ones deserve to breathe healthy air in your home. When air filters aren’t doing enough to keep your air quality at its best, UV sterilization will. Contact the experts at Brody Pennell to inquire about UV sterilization for homes in the Los Angeles area.
- Ultraviolet air treatment systems
Located in the duct work upstream of your heating and cooling system, the ultraviolet air treatment system kills a high percentage of airborne bacteria and germs passing by the uv light in your duct work.
- A single-lamp model kills up to 70% of airborne bacteria passing by the system
- The coil irradiation model kills up to 99.9% of surfaced mold on your central air conditioning components and cooling coil
- A uv germicidal lamp can help if you suffer from: respiratory allergies, asthma, frequent cold and flu, headaches, runny nose, itchy/watery eyes, sore throat, fatigue.
- Protects and improves the performance of your heating/cooling equipment
Please fill out the form below to request an estimate or schedule service.
"*" indicates required fields
"*" indicates required fields