You don’t have to walk around LA for long before you cross paths with someone who is wearing a face mask to combat air pollution. Between car emissions and the frequency of recent wildfires, California’s air quality is worse than ever. But, it may surprise LA residents concerned with poor outdoor air quality to learn that indoor air quality is 2 to 5 times worse than outdoor air. Ultraviolet or UV sterilizers can improve the indoor air quality in your home.
This means that you should think of air quality as an inside-out issue. LA residents, especially those with allergies, asthma, or compromised immune systems, should consider the air quality of their homes. Poor indoor air quality can even contribute to the spread of sickness in schools and offices.
Even the most active Angelenos need to sleep. Add in the number of stay-at-home parents, remote workers, and residents that enjoy home-based hobbies, and you can see how the time we spend indoors each day emphasizes the need for cleaner indoor air.
LA locals can support their health by augmenting their HVAC systems with air purifying products. HVAC accessories like UV lamps, air purifiers, humidifiers & dehumidifiers, ventilators and UV air purifiers can all combat the many factors that contribute to unhealthy air quality within your home.
The quality of air in your home impacts more than just your immediate breathing comfort. While fresh, energizing breaths are enough of a reason to prioritize your IAQ, there’s more to consider:
Many LA homeowners may think to themselves, “Doesn’t my air filter keep pollutants out of my home’s air?” While your air filter is likely dirty each time you replace it each month, or every few months, it’s not designed to combat indoor air quality issues. In fact, a standard filter for your central cooling system will only capture around 7% of air pollutants. This means that if you don’t take any added measures to improve your home’s air quality, the other 93% of these airborne allergens and pollutants will circulate throughout your home. The truth is, air filters aren’t used to protect you. They are designed to keep your HVAC unit protected against dust and debris. No filter can filter microscopic or cellular organisms and debris. Bacteria can still thrive in your ducts and within your air even if your air filters are doing their job. UV sterilization will be effective in removing mold spores, allergens, and bacteria from the air in your home, for good.
Simply put, UV lights kill bacteria. Short waves of ultraviolet (UV) light are applied to microorganisms like bacteria. The UV light will break down the nucleic acid in the bacterial atoms and render these mold spores, allergens and other pollutants unable to perform their usual cellular activities. Here’s how it works: In your home or business, we’ll install UV lights into the components of your HVAC system. Air will circulate through your system, passing through the UV light. The UV light will purify the air on a cellular level, and the air that enters your home will be clean.
Home comfort is more than just feeling warm or cool. You and your loved ones deserve to breathe healthy air in your home. When air filters aren’t doing enough to keep your air quality at its best, UV sterilization will. Contact the experts at Brody Pennell to inquire about UV sterilization for homes in the Los Angeles area.
Please fill out the form below to request an estimate or schedule service.
We aren't comfortable until you are! To get started, give us a call at (310) 896-4911 or book online.
Since 1945, Brody Pennell Heating & Air Conditioning has provided Los Angeles with award-winning HVAC service. Our team can service, repair, and install any brand heating and air conditioning system. We are here for you!
Mon – Fri: 7:00am – 5:00pm
Sat: 8:00am − 1:00pm
24/7 Emergency Service Available!
8599 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90034
CA LIC# 256821
© Brody Pennell Heating & Air Conditioning | All Rights Reserved.