Fall in Los Angeles has none of the tell-tale signs that it might in other parts of the country. There are no dramatic color changes. The temperatures remain warm, and the weather is sunny. Though fall in Los Angeles may not be typical, it still offers a number of great opportunities to soak up the warm weather and enjoy fall festivities.
Things to Do in Fall in Los Angeles
There are so many great ways to enjoy the fall weather and festivities in Los Angeles. Here are 8 of our favorite things to do in fall in Los Angeles:
- Take a trip to one of the many pumpkin patches in LA. It may be 80 degrees outside, but as October approaches, it is time to enjoy the annual pumpkin carving and pie-making activities that make fall one of your favorite seasons.
- Go on a whale watching cruise. Although most people consider a cruise more of a summer activity, the warm fall weather in Los Angeles makes it the perfect time to encounter a whale on the California coast.
- Head to Universal Studios Hollywood. Though the weather is by no means chilly, it has gotten cooler since summer, making it ideal for spending a day at the theme park. Since the children are back in school and many of the summer tourists have left, you can also enjoy shorter lines.
- Enjoy a refreshing bike ride along the Santa Monica Beach. Now that many summer tourists have left, it’s the perfect time to take advantage of the open boardwalks with a fun bike ride on the beach. If you don’t have a bike, you can rent one at the boardwalk.
- Hike the trails in Griffith Park. The slightly cooler weather makes fall the best time to enjoy the great outdoors. Taking a hike in Griffith Park is a great way to spend a fall afternoon.
- Dress up and enjoy the fun. Los Angeles has some of the best costume parties around. After you create the perfect costume, you can buy a ticket to one of the many, many costume parties in LA. Having a hard time choosing? Go to more than one!
- Enjoy a concert at one of the many venues in Los Angeles. If you enjoy seeing your favorite bands play live, fall is the perfect time to catch some big headliners at one of the many venues across town. From secret shows to free concerts, there is live music to be heard every night of the week!
- Check out Knott’s Scary Farm. If you are looking for some Halloween festivities and love haunted houses, you will not want to miss Knott’s Scary Farm at Knott’s Berry Farm. The historic theme park offers a variety of spooky attractions from mazes to haunted hospitals to stage performances. Knott’s Spooky Farm is a more kid-friendly version that’s fun for the whole family.
Since 1945, Brody Pennell Heating & Air Conditioning is the committed to helping homeowners in the greater Los Angeles area experience total home comfort. In 2021, the readers of the Los Angeles Times voted Brody Pennell the Best HVAC Company in the area.
Please fill out the form below to request an estimate or schedule service.